The man was arrested at Sydney International Airport prior to boarding a flight to Argentina on Saturday afternoon (September 15) and charged with robbery in relation to an incident at Haberfield, during which two men were robbed of jewellery valued at $640,000, and another at Killara, during which a man was assaulted and robbed of jewellery valued at $200,000.
The robberies which are believed to be linked to the professional robbery ring include:
• A bag containing a substantial sum of cash was snatched from a vehicle parked at Canley Vale on March 16.
• Jewellery valued at $35,000 was stolen from a vehicle parked at a shopping centre in Campbelltown on April 17.
• Two men were robbed of jewellery valued at $640,000 as they walked through a car park in Haberfield on 21 April.
• A man was robbed of jewellery valued at $200,000 after being punched repeatedly in the face at Killara on May 30.
• Jewellery valued at $1 million was stolen from a motel room at Ryde on June 6.
• Two men were robbed of jewellery valued at $740,000 after being threatened with pistols on Dickson Street, Haberfield on June 12.
• Jewellery was stolen from a car parked at a Campbelltown shopping centre on July 11.
Strike Force Warbrick’s investigations into the robberies are continuing and detectives are seeking assistance to identify a man (pictured above) they believe can assist with their inquiries.
Anyone who knows his identity, or has any other information to assist detectives, should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
“Police urge any person carrying valuables to always be aware of their surroundings, not take undue risks and to consider other methods of conveying those items,” a NSW police spokesperson said.