Thirty five of the world’s most prestigious watch manufacturers have donated timepieces for a charity auction to be hosted by Prince Albert of Monaco in September.
The auction, which is held every two years during the Monaco Yacht Show, will raise funds for research on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a serious genetic disease that affects one in 3500 boys.
The watch brands donating timepieces to the auction are Audemars Piguet, Bell & Ross, Blancpain, Bovet Fleurier, Breguet Montres, Cabestan, Cartier, Chaumet, Chanel, Confrerie Horlogere (by BNB Concept), Corum Montres, De Bethune, Delacour, Franc Vila, Franck Muller, Frédérique Constant, Girard Perregaux, Hermès, Hublot, Jaquet Droz, Les Ateliers de Monaco, Louis Vuitton, MB&F, Montblanc, Omega, Patek Philippe, Piaget, Swatch, Tag Heuer, Tourneau Timepieces, Ulysse Nardin, Vacheron Constantin, Van Cleef & Arpels and Zenith International
Some of the timepieces to be auctioned are:
- The Van Cleef & Arpels Only Watch 09 – a white gold ‘Midnight in Monaco’ version of the brand’s famous ‘Midnight in Paris’ timepiece. The Monaco model’s aventurine glass dial is handpainted with a map of the stars in the sky as they appear over Monaco at midnight.
- Bovet Only Watch 09 – a timepiece featuring an automatic movement, jump hour, and a Polynesian mother-of-pearl dial featuring a miniature painting of the Leonardo da Vinci Mona Lisa.
- Vacheron Constantin Only Watch 09 – made from tantalum and palladium, the timepiece features “secret writing, micro-printing and invisible ink” which are the hallmarks of the Quai de l’lle Collection.
- Frédérique Constant Heart Beat Trilogy – the Heart Beat Manufacture Automatic Pavée, the Double Heart Beat Chocolate Pavée and the Love Heart Beat models package in a jewel box.
- The Cartier Santos 100 – made up of three different faces (white with Cartier black Roman numerals; totally engraved with an exotic dragon; transparent with a view of the square skeleton).
All the items on sale at the auction will be displayed at preview exhibitions at London (Asprey): September 3-5, New York (Tourneau): September 10-12, Milan (Pisa Orologeria): September 17-18 and Monaco (Monaco Yacht Show): September 23-24
The Only Watch 09 auction raised € 1.9 million in 2005 and € 2.7 million in 2007.
The 2009 event will take place on September 24.
For more information visit http://www.patrizziauction.com/ or www.monacoyachtshow.mc